A beginner’s guide to user feedback tool
Are you still forwarding emails or messages to organize user feedback? Have you every missed some of the user feedback that would have prevented a user from leaving your product just because you missed it? Do you find it difficult to manage your user feedback?
If you have been searcing for a software to manage user feedback, you must have heard the phrase "user feedback tool". Let us explain what user feedback platform means in detail.
In this page, we are going to help you understand everything there is to know about user feedback tool for your product. Here's a gist of everything that we will cover in this page:
What is user feedback tool?
If you are a product manager or product owner of a SaaS product (for example), you probably get a lot of feedback from your users about new features that they wish to add to your product, improvements they need from your product or even bugs they find in your product. This list just goes on and on. Most of the times, they might not be taking time out to email you with their feedback or feature request, but they might tweet about it, mention about this in a conversation in an online forum and so on. Whatever might be their mode of expression, your users expect you to be responsive for their queries as quickly as possible.
This scattered information sharing happens when your users do not have a go-to place to provide feedback or express their concerns or even appreciation for your product.
Let's say Steve (your user) needs a feature which your product currently does not have. So he just goes to your feedback URL and submits a new feature request. You get notified about the new request from Steve and realize that the feature could add a lot of value to other users as well. This makes business sense as well, and you have a discussion with your engineering team and update the status of the feature request that Steve submitted to Planned.
The moment you move the status to Planned, Steve gets notified that you are planning to work on this new feature for him. Steve becomes confident and appreciates your effort in considering his request to build in your product. Once you are done building the feature, you move the feature's status to Completed. Again, Steve gets intimated about the update. This workflow makes Steve very inclusive in the entire feature development process, thus gaining trust of Steve for years to come.
Who can use a user feedback tool?
- user feedback tool can categorize, update and prioritize incoming feature requests from users
- user feedback tool are much more efficient than traditional emails since it reduces duplicate feature requests from different users
- user feedback tool improved the trust or NPS score of your users since they are constantly and automatically kept in loop with the progress you are making with your product
- user feedback tool also drastically improves customer support lifecycle and brings delight to your users in a very neat way
- An enterprise-grade feature request platform can bring in transparency and predictability to your users and teams to build the next feature your users would actually want to use
- An enterprise-grade feature request platform brings your support, engineering and sales team together. Brings visibility into one another's workload and product roadmap
- A good feature request platform would be compliant with new policies like GDPR, HIPAA and more.