How to Enable and Utilize Customisable Roadmap
Roadmap is a strategic plan that defines a goal or desired outcome and includes the major steps or milestones needed to reach it. With Hellonext, you can edit your Roadmap, lanes and showcase to your customers a better picture of your product’s progress.
While Roadmaps by itself is a great feature, Hellonext also gives you the option to customize this. Sometimes your business requirements might deviate from the standard ones and Customizable Roadmaps work best for such cases.
The customization options range from creating new lanes for roadmaps, with terminologies and strategies that you set, adding cards according to your plan, setting tag lines, description, cover images, to including relevant posts like feature requests to the appropriate cards. This article will brief you on how you can enable customizable roadmap and explore the options available.
To enable customisable roadmap you can follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Hellonext account.
- Go to the Dashboard button on the top right corner.
- Click on the Roadmap option on the left-hand panel once you are in the Dashboard.
- Enable the Customizable Roadmap toggle under Settings and Embed. This will disable the predefined Roadmap view.
You now have the liberty to customize your Roadmap by adding relevant columns and cards. To do so,
- Toggle to the Roadmap section.
- Click on + Add Lane and set a title for the lane.
- Click on the + button within the lane, to start adding cards to the lane. This can be done according to your preference and the strategy you use for your product’s Roadmap.
- In the pop up modal, you can set a title for the card, a tagline, add a cover image if required and set a description. Description can also contain code blocks, images and YouTube Embeds.
- Within the pop up modal, over the right, you will also find a section using which you can search and tag relevant posts (feature requests submitted, bugs reported, etc.,) to this card.
- Once done click on Publish.
- You can drag and drop lanes within the roadmap section in the dashboard. This is also applicable for cards within the lanes.
We always suggest our users to keep the Roadmap enabled, so that users of your Dashboard will be up-to-date about your product’s progress.
Here’s a screen recording which will take you through these steps:
Seems rather easy and simple to follow doesn’t it? That’s because it is! Do feel free to reach out to us if any queries should arise! :)